A strong record of professional achievement and connection to the community
Mr. Killeen is admitted to practice in New York and to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the United States Courts of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the Federal Circuit, the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, the United States Tax Court, the United States Court of Claims, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces.
He is the past Chair of the Banking Law Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association, where he also served on the Ethics Committee, the Corporation Law Committee and the Speakers Bureau. He is a Life Fellow, New York Bar Foundation and a member of the American, New York State and Suffolk County Bar Associations.
In the Community
Mr. Killeen has a long history of providing leadership and support to a wide array of charitable and community organization in his area.
Current affiliations include:
- Community Development Corporation of Long Island and its affiliate CDCLI Housing Development Fund Corporation (member, Board of Directors)
- Long Island Alzheimer’s Foundation (Chair and member, Board of Trustees)
- Maurer Foundation for Breast Health Education Inc. (member, Board of Directors)
- Hofstra University (member, Honors College Advisory Board)
- Long Island Volunteer Center, as an affiliate board member of the Nassau Physicians’ Foundation and as a member of the Long Island Association and a member of its Health Education and Not for Profit Committee
- Long Island Community Chest, Inc., a non-profit organization established to help Long Islanders who have suffered severe economic or personal tragedy and are unable to obtain assistance from other support channels (member, Board of Directors)
- Long Island Elite, a non-profit corporation established to assist young Long Island business women and men (Mentor)
Mr. Killeen has also served as:
- The Secretary and a member of the Board of Directors of the Patriot Group, Inc., a non-profit corporation founded by retired firefighters to train and assist organizations worldwide that protect the public in responding to catastrophic events – natural or man-made – while promoting patriotism
- A participant in the Volunteer Lawyers Initiative for the Diocese of Rockville Centre-based Catholic Charities
- A member of the Advisory Council of The Moxxie Mentoring Foundation, a charitable organization comprised of senior-level business people and professionals who mentor younger women in developing their careers.
Mr. Killeen has received the AV Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell Lawyer Peer Review Rating, which signifies his legal peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence for his legal knowledge, communication skills and ethical standards.
Other awards include:
- In 2016, Mr. Killeen was nominated as Mentor of the Year by Mentor New York.
- In 2015, Mr. Killeen received the Community Champion, Friend & Advocate award from the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America.
- In 2013, he was recognized by Long Island Business News and given a Lifetime Achievement Award
- In 2011, Mr. Killeen was a recipient of the David Award given by Networking Magazine and the Humanitarian Award from the Nassau Physicians’ Foundation.
Mr. Killeen attended college and law school on full academic scholarships. He received his J.D. from St. Johns University Law School, where he was Managing Editor of the St. John’s Law Review. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude, from St. Francis College, where he is active in alumni organizations.