Helping New York area businesses achieve their goals for over 40 years
Tom Killeen brings the benefit of decades of experience handling complex corporate matters at major law firms to his clients as a sole practitioner.
He began his career in Manhattan at a high-quality boutique midtown law firm before joining Farrell Fritz P.C., where he became a partner and served on its Management Committee for 18 years.
Diverse Areas of Practice
Mr. Killeen practices corporate, real estate and banking law on behalf of public and private business organizations, not-for-profit groups, school districts, municipalities and financial institutions.
He has represented numerous types of companies in a wide range of issues, including:
- Complex mergers and acquisitions valued at up to half a billion dollars
- Business valuations and sales, taking into account all tax and other issues
- Diverse real estate purchases and sales
- Internal investigations
- Advising on regulatory matters
- Organizing LLCs and other types of business organizations
- Serving as general counsel, and many other matters
In his frequent work with non-profit organizations, he has helped area charitable groups to achieve major goals, including buying and selling properties, negotiating leases, and establishing 510(c)3 status.
In one of his more notable cases, Mr. Killeen represented the Roslyn School District in its landmark case to recover funds after it was defrauded.